13-DAYS VIETNAM AND CAMBODIA DISCOVERY is a perfect option for you to spend your holiday in both Vietnam and Cambodia. It not only gives you a lot of memorable experiences while exploring these countries’ most mesmerizing attractions, including Halong Bay, Cu Chi Tunnels, Angkor Wat… but also helps you to create friendships with other travelers on this amazing tour.
TRAVEL PROGRAM IN BRIEF
- Day 1 : Hanoi arrival.Overnight in Hanoi
- Day 2 : Hanoi city tour.Overnight in Hanoi (B,L)
- Day 3 : Day trip to Ninh Binh.Overnight in Hanoi (B, L)
- Day 4 : Hanoi – Halong bay.Overnight on Halong bay cruise (B,L)
- Day 5 : Halong bay – Hanoi.Overnight in Hanoi city (B,L)
- Day 6 : Hanoi flight to Siem Riep.Overnight in Siem Riep (B)
- Day 7 : Angkor Sightseeing day trip.Overnight in Siem Riep (B,L)
- Day 8 : Siem Riep bus to Phnom Penh.Overnight in Phnom Penh (B)
- Day 9 : Phnom Penh city tour.Overnight in Phnom Penh (B,L)
- Day 10 : Phnom Penh bus to HCM city.Overnight in HCM city (B)
- Day 11 : Day trip to sightsee HCM city & Cu Chi Tunnels.Overnight in HCM city (B,L)
- Day 12 : Day trip to visit Mekong Delta.Overnight in HCM city (B,L)
- Day 13 : HCM city departure (B)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN THIS TRIP?
- Immerse yourself in the astonishing scenery of Halong Bay
- Witness the stunning beauty of Angkor Wat
- Discover Phnom Penh’s hot spot: The Royal Palace, Wat Ounaloam Monastery…
- Visit the famous Cu Chi Tunnels near Ho Chi Minh City
THE DETAILED PROGRAM OF VIETNAM & COMBODIA DISCOVERY TOUR
DAY 1: HANOI ARRIVAL.OVERNIGHT IN HANOI
Welcome to Hanoi, you will be collected by our local driver at Hanoi Airport and transfer to hotel for check in. The room is at your disposal from 14.00 onwards. Balance of the day as your leisure. Meals on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 2 : HANOI CITY TOUR .OVERNIGHT IN HANOI (B,L)
08.15 – 08.30 am: Meet your tour guide at your hotel & start a day trip to visit the following attractions in Hanoi including:
- Tran Quoc pagoda, a Buddhist relic and national heritage lying on the West Lake.
- Ho Chi Minh complex, the final resting place of Viet Nam’s greatest father; his house-on-stilt and One pillar pagoda – modeled after a lotus flower, a symbol of Hanoi.
- Temple of Literature constructed in 1070 dedicating to Confucius, sages, and scholars. It was also the first university of Viet Nam once
Relax and have lunch at a local restaurant in Hanoi Old Quarter.
In the afternoon, spend time to explore:
- The traditional ceramics village of Bat Trang.Visit showrooms and see how they model the products.
- Ngoc Son Temple dedicated to Tran Hung Dao – General Commander for his struggle against Mongolians.
After Hanoi city tour, transfer you to your hotel & be relaxed at leisure.
Dinner on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 3 : DAY TRIP TO NINH BINH.OVERNIGHT IN HANOI (B, L)
07:45 – 08:30 am : You will be picked up at the hotel and then depart for Ninh Binh province. Have a break 20 minutes en-route to free your legs.
- Arrive at Hoa Lu, which was once depicted the ancient capital of Viet Nam, settling up in the 10th century.
- Visit temples of two dynasties of Dinh and Le with very unique architecture in the old time.
- Learn about ancient culture through an excavation of vestiges of Royal Palaces ground dated 10th century.
12:30 : Relax and enjoy lunch in a nice restaurant.
- Board the sampan boats in Tam Coc going along river among the villages, mountains and rice fields. Passing through 3 caves “Hang Ca – First cave, Hang Hai – Second cave, Hang Ba – Third cave” to get a wonderful feeling.
- The boat returns to the dock for bus drive back to Hanoi.
Arrive in Hanoi. Drop off at the hotel. Dinner on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 4 : HANOI – HA LONG BAY.OVERNIGHT ON HALONG BAY CRUISE (B, L, D)
After breakfast, we will leave Hanoi without the guide for a journey to Halong Bay, one of the UNESCO World Heritage sites with its 2000 islands located in a background of limestone in the Gulf of Tonkin. Coming to Halong, visitors will be impressed with the beauty of natural achievement and many wonderful types of scenery.
You will enjoy an overnight cruise to admire the beautiful landcapes of Halong Bay and savor a special menu of fresh seafood that will absolutely bring you the best moment you have ever had.
You will be served with lunch and dinner on the boat. Overnight onboard.
Note: Meals on the boat with local/Asian food. Vegetarian good is available upon request.
DAY 5 : HA LONG BAY – HANOI.OVERNIGHT IN HANOI (B, L)
After breakfast, enjoy your time to sunbathe and relax in the fascinating background of the bay. After brunch on board – around 11.30 am, transfer back to Hanoi to check in the hotel.
Dinner on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 6 : HANOI – FLY TO SIEM REAP.OVERNIGHT IN SIEM RIEP (B)
After breakfast, you have free time on your own for shopping or relax at leisure till getting transfered to Noibai airport (without tour guide) for a short flight to Siem Reap at 16:20 – 18:05 with VietJet Air
Upon your arrival at the airport, our driver will meet and transfer you to the hotel for check in. Meals on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 7 : ANGKOR SIGHTSEEING DAY TRIP.OVERNIGHT IN SIEM RIEP (B,L)
08:00: After meeting our tour guide, then we drive to Angkor Thom that was the masterpiece of King Jayavarman VII. Following the occupation of Angkor by the Chams from 1177 to 1181, the new king decided to build an impregnable fortress at the heart of his empire.
We begin to visit Bayon Temple. At the exact center of Angkor Thom, this is an eccentric expression of the creative genius and inflated ego of Cambodia’s most celebrated king. Its 54 towers are each topped off with the four faces of Avalokiteshvara (Buddha of Compassion), which bear more than a passing resemblance to the king himself.
We continue to visit Terrace of the Leper King. This intricately carved platform was the royal crematorium and the statue that was originally thought to be the leper king is now believed to be Yama, the god of death.
We continue along the Terrace of Elephants, originally used as a viewing gallery for the king to preside over parades, performances and traditional sports. At the southern end lies the Baphuon, once of the most beautiful temples at Angkor, dating from the reign of Uditayavarman 1 in the 11th century.
We visit Ta Prohm “Tomb Raider” fame. Ta Prohm has been abandoned to the elements, a reminder that while empires rise and fall, the riotous power of nature marches on, oblivious to the dramas of human history. Left as it was ‘discovered’ by French explorer Henri Mouhout in 1860, the tentacle-like tree roots here are slowly strangling the surviving stones, man first conquering nature to create, nature later conquering man to destroy.
We journey out to the Mother of all temples, Angkor Wat. Believed to be the world’s largest religious building, this temple is the perfect fusion of symbolism and symmetry and a source of pride and strength to all Khmers. Built in the 12th century by King Suryavarman II, this is most famous temple at Angkor.
Transfer to your hotel. Dinner on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 8 : SIEM REAP – BUS TO PHNOM PENH.OVERNIGHT IN PHNOM PENH (B)
In the morning, our guide will pick you up at the hotel to transfer to the bus station to take the bus to Siem Reap (6-hour drive).
Once arrival, meet your driver and transfer to the hotel to check in. The room is at your disposal from 14:00 onward. The balance of the day will be free on your own. Meals on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 9 : PHNOM PENH CITY TOUR.OVERNIGHT IN PHNOM PENH (B,L)
In the morning, you’ll be pick up from your hotel’s lobby and bring you to meet other passengers or your new friend at the meeting point. After self-introduced, our tour guide will brief about schedule today, then we start your full day journey by visiting to the most important places in Phnom Penh.
- We begin from Wat Ounaloam Monastery, the oldest Buddhist pagoda which has been established in 1443 and consists of 44 structures. Located along Sisowat Quay near the Royal Palace and facing to the Tonle Charktomuk “4 Face River”.
- The Royal Palace, built by King Norodom in 1866 on the site of the old town, and the Silver Pagoda, located within the grounds of the Royal Palace. The Royal Palace of Cambodia is a complex of buildings although it is generally understood to be the royal abode of the King of Cambodia.
- Wat Phnom, the central point and the most significant of all the temples in Phnom Penh.
- Spend your last morning by visiting the Central Market (Psar Thmei), a large market constructed in 1937 in the shape of a dome with four arms branching out into vast hallways with countless stalls of goods. The four wings of this gigantic yellow dome are teeming with stalls that sell goods ranging from gold and silver, antique coins, money exchange, books, flowers, food, fabrics, shoes, souvenirs, seafood and countless other products.
12:00 – 13:20pm : Lunch break
After lunch, we continue to Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21 prison). This prison was a high school, and used as a prison by Pol Pot’s security forces and became the largest center for detention and torture during the rule of the Khmer Rouge.
If time permitted, have quick look at Phsar Toul Tom Phuong “Russian Market”, then head out to the south around 15km to visit the notorious Killing Fields “Choeung Ek” 15km southwest of Phnom Penh. This one is the site of brutal executions of more than 17,000 individuals, most of who first suffered through interrogations, torture and deprivation in Toul Sleng Prison during Pol Pot regime (From 1975–1979).
Drop off at your hotel around 5 – 5:30pm. Dinner on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 10 : PHNOM PENH – BUS TO HO CHI MINH.OVERNIGHT IN HCMC (B)
Our guide will come to take you to the bus station to get on the shuttle bus to Ho Chi Minh (7-hour drive).
Upon your arrival at the bus station, transfer you to the hotel for checking in. Meals on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 11 : HO CHI MINH CITY TOUR – CU CHI TUNNELS SIGHTSEEING.OVERNIGHT INHCMC (B, L)
08:00-08:30 am :Pick up at your hotel and start the city tour included:
- Independence Palace (the Reunification Palace) was built on the sight of the former Norodom palace.
- War Remnants Museum which has a vast display of the both the Indochina wars.
- Notre Dame Cathedral & Central Post Office,the beautiful structures from the French Colonial times
- Jade Emperor Pagoda with the peaceful atmosphere &o many stories behind each detail of the pagoda.
12:30 am: Lunchtime with a famous Phở restaurant (Vietnamese noodle soup).
02:00 pm : Depart around 1,5 hours through the pleasant countryside before arriving at Cu Chi Tunnels – the historic site where Vietnamese soldiers used as a shelter during wartime. This fantastic network stretches over 250 km and is the shelter of Vietnamese soldiers during the wars.
06:00 – 07:00 pm:Be dropped off at your hotel. Dinner on your own account. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 12 : DAY TRIP TO MEKONG DELTA.OVERNIGHT IN HCMC (B, L)
08:30 – 09:00 am: Depart from your hotel for My Tho, the town lies on the left side of the Mekong River.
- Boarding the sampan and cruising down the river around the four beautiful islands: Dragon, Unicorn, Phoenix and Tortoise islands.
- Stopover at Unicorn Island, go walking around country lane and seeing orchards, enjoy tropical fruits, folk song music.
- Visit the fruit plantation.
- Riding a hand-rowed sampan through Thoi Son canal
- Visit the family business, visit honey-bee farm, enjoy honey tea and coconut candy workshop.
Have lunch at a local restaurant.
- Cycling around the Tan Thach village, meet the local villagers to experience the local daily life in the Mekong delta.
05:00 – 05:30 pm: Drop off at your hotel. Dinner on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 13 : HO CHI MINH DEPARTURE (B)
At a good time in the morning, you will be picked up from the hotel (without guide) to the airport for your departure flight. The room will be at your disposal until noon time only. Meals on your own.
THE COST OF THIS VIETNAM- CAMBODIA TOUR ( PLEASE, CONTACT US)
Not fit your requirement? Feel free to contact us to plan this trip and get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs
The trip includes :
- 11 nights at hotel based on Twin/Double sharing room & 1 night on Halong bay cruise
- Airfare 1 routes with local airlines (including 7kg hand luggage and 20 kg checked baggage) :Hanoi city to Siem Riep.
- English speaking guide with legal license
- Ground transfers as mentioned by air-conditioned vehicle
- Boat trip in Halong Bay
- Meals, Entrance fees and tour activities as dedicated in the program
- Bottled water on van during trip
The trip excludes :
- Tip for Tour guide and driver (suggested 7-10usd/day to tourguide, 5-7 usd/day to driver)
- Online payment fees
- Visa fee to Vietnam (US$25/person) and Cambodia (US$30/person)
- International airfare
- Peak season surcharge (During Christmas and New Year)
- Early Check-in (before 14.00) and late check-out (after 12.00)
- Personal expenses